Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dogs and my mom's visit





Well I doubt we will be getting a dog any time in the near future (not that I wanted one). Pete is on the Plastic Surgery service right now, and you wouldn't believe the number of dog bites he's had to sew up in the last week and a half! It's not wild, neighborhood-roaming pit bulls either. Lots of family dogs. He just got paged in to sew up another pretty serious one on a kids' face. Hearing all of the things that can go bad for a child (like crashing on a bike, "falling" out a window, getting bit by a dog) makes me want to keep my girls locked up!

My mom was in town for 2 weeks, which was so fun! She is so easy-going and fun to be with. I appreciated all of her help with the kids and just having her there to talk to. Here are some pictures of some things we did together and of Emily and Abby.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Cute kids! We sure miss you guys! Did you get your kitchen light hung ok?

Elise said...

Beautiful babies! We miss you all so much! Hope that Pete remembers what it is like to sew up a dog injury on a little kiddo. I'll have John call him and maybe Holly can go to the "kennel" for an extended vacation.

Rachel Anderson said...

heather she is so gorgeous!!! and big!!

Mandi said...

Abby looks so old- and adorable! Loved the newsletter too... miss you guys!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

We miss you guys! I love these pics! Abby is so pretty and of course, Emily is too! Emily's hair is getting long! So fun! Did you know we are having another little boy in January?

Em&Em said...

Your girls are adorable Heather!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Um, pretty sure both of your girls have doubled in size, is that possible in only 3 months? A dog huh, maybe I can finally get you a perfect birthday gift....a big one with sharp teeth....