Friday, August 21, 2009

Mandy's blog

So my cute cousin Mandy was asking on her blog what people wanted to accomplish in the future; what are their hopes, goals, etc. I have been thinking a lot about this since I read her post. It just keeps popping up in my brain. I decided that most of the things I want are a state of mind... not so much things that I want to do, but rather a certain way I want to think or certain realizations that I want to come to. I want to remember that money doesn't equal happiness, and that we were probably as happy as we'll ever be when we were living in the Meacham Park ghetto in St. Louis. Or even now in Cincinnati, driving our old cars, watching what we spend, clipping coupons, and living in our cute, old house, just trying to stay afloat. I want to always remember that I don't need to keep up with the Joneses, and doing so is stupid. I want to grow old gracefully and embrace the wrinkles instead of being swayed by the Botox generation. I want to remember that we are all beautiful, regardless of our jeans size or bra size. I want to enjoy my kids, but not beat myself up when I don't. I want to be forgiving of others mistakes and give the benefit of the doubt. I want to be able to laugh and not take myself too seriously (luckily I have a good husband who will continue to help me with this. ;) The list could go on, but I think this is good enough to start with.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I Love it Heather! I totally agree with you. It's so easy to get caught up in all those things and you are the kind of person I enjoy being around so much because you keep it all in perspective. I wish you lived here! Thanks for posting this.

Wendy said...

I think those are some great ways of thinking and you can't help but be happy with that state of mind.