Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jacob Peter Anderson






Well, we had our baby last Sunday, August 22. He came at 31 weeks. I guess the placenta was starting to detach, so after a week of small complications, I went into labor. In true Heather fashion, I went from not being dilated at all, to a 10 in less than 12 hours. Luckily I was at the hospital, as they had made me stay to be monitored. I had sent Pete home because I didn't think there was going to be anything going on. But the contractions got much stronger and the next thing they knew, I was at a 5. So I called Pete at 2 in the morning and told him to drop the kids at a friend's house and get to the hospital as quick as he could. They thought it was safer for the baby on the outside, so they let him come.
The baby was born at 5:56am. He weighed 3 pounds 9 ounces and was 17 inches long. He is in the NICU and will be for about 4 more weeks I think. He is gaining weight, breathing well, and is doing great. He just needs to get bigger and strong. We are grateful that he is ok and that he is a part of our family. Needless to say, it has been a physically and emotionally exhausting week. Luckily Pete had the week off. My mom just got here, so I am really grateful for the help, and for the love and support we're received from friends and family.

16 comments:

KevandChels said...

WHOA! Wasn't expecting that! I'm SO GLAD he's doing well, and is healthy, and hope the rest of the family is too. Congratulations-he's so handsome!

thehaucks said...

WOW! Congratulations! I can't even imagine 31 weeks. I am so glad that he is okay and getting stronger. He is adorable! Good luck with everything!

wendy holt said...

I wish I could come snuggle your girlies for you!! You look great by the way! Hope he gets to come home soon!!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Jacob is such a cutie! Seriously, look at that little nose! He is going to be one loved kid! (as if he isn't already)
Heather - we love you and your family so much! I don't want to step on any toes with my nagging phone calls, but please call if you feel a need to just talk!

Nicole said...

Congratulations to you all! He is adorable and I love his name. I've been thinking about you guys. I'm so glad everyone is doing well! I'm sure you have had an exhausting week. Hang in there!

Corrie- said...

I guess Jake couldn't wait to come to your awesome family. Know that you all are in our prayers and we're here for whatever you need!

Becky said...

Oh my! I am so surprised! Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy! I'm glad he is getting stronger each day. I hope he can go home as soon as possible! I will be praying for you all! I'm glad your mom could make it out there on such short notice!

Brittany Roscheck said...

What a beautiful tiny little man. Congratulations!

Mandy said...

Wow! I can't imagine how hard this time must be for all of you. I'm so glad he is doing well. He is beautiful. We'll be praying for you all. I'm glad your mom is there. Take care.

Kristina said...

What gorgeous coloring in that sweet Jacob. I am so happy for you. And the NICU's care is only second to mom's. You really do look fabulous. Love you.

Holli and Billy said...

I am glad everyone is doing ok. I am 31 weeks along and I couldn't even imagine going into labor right now! We are thinking about you guys!

Mike and Emma said...

I was totally shocked when my mom called to tell me that Baby came. Oh my gosh...I can only imagine what you guys are going through right now! But what a little angel. He's so beautiful. I'm sure you wish you could just hold him all the time. I've been thinking about you guys so much. Wish we lived closer to help you out! Heather, you sure look great for just having a baby...you too, Pete...good job! :) Congrats!

Wendy said...

I'm glad he's getting stronger and doing well. Hang in there! Hope you can get some rest with your mom there. We're praying for you guys!

Al and Jenny said...

Ah! Heather, he is just precious! I love seeing these pictures. You guys all look so good and happy :)...even though I can imagine there is/was some stress. Think about you all of the time!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Is he home yet? It has almost been 1 month already- I bet he is betting bigger by the minute. Hope you are all well. Miss ya.

Katie said...

Congratulations. I'm happy for you guys. I hope everything is going well and he keeps doing good.