Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Abby!






Hooray for Abby! Today is her 1st Birthday!! Yesterday she smeared vaseline all over my tan couch, so I actually consider her lucky to be having a first birthday! ;) We love Abby. She is so sweet and loving. She loves to play peek-a-boo, make messes, eat things off the floor, play with Emily, being in the bath, and get and give hugs and kisses. Tonight we're having homemade pizza, fruit salad, peas and green beans (favorites of hers). Em and I just made chocolate cake and we're going to put up some decorations. Emily has been so excited, definitely more so than Abby. ;) In some ways it's hard to believe that she's a year old, but it others it feels like we've had her forever (you know how it is). This last year has actually gone by pretty slow with everything we've had going, so I feel like I've enjoyed my time with her.

9 comments:

Al and Jenny said...

Cute little Abby! I remember coming to see you in the hospital and she was so tiny. It does seem like a long time ago! I agree with you...it's been a crazy year and it has gone slowly, which is nice when you are savoring a sweet baby :)

Happy, happy birthday Abby!!

Avery is turning 4 tomorrow, crazy!!

Miss you guys like crazy!!

Kelley Bridge said...

Happy, happy birthday Abby! We wish we were there to celebrate with you, but know your Mommy will go all out for your big day. We MISS you and your family.
Love,
Scott, Kelley, and Annie

thehaucks said...

Happy Birthday Abby! Your girls are too cute. Thank you so much for the great Valentine card for Katleyn's class. She was thrilled!

wendy holt said...

HOW HAS THIS HAPPENED?? This means Alison will be one in a few months!!!

KevandChels said...

So fun! And what a good feeling to have that you've enjoyed your time with her! She's adorable and I definitely she looks like her mommy! Hope it's everything Emily hopes it is:)

Becky said...

Wow! Can you believe that you survived the first year with 2? You have made it! And with two super cute girls.
It gives me hope that I can survive with my two! Abby is a real cutie (more pics please)!
Can't wait to someday meet her.

Mike and Emma said...

What sweet girls you have (minus the vaseline accident) :) Emmy looks just like Peter, and Abby looks just like you. I've always loved the name Abby so much...I'm so happy for her to have her 1st birthday.

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

That was not a year ago was it??? I can't believe it! I hope the vaseline insident did not leave to many marks on the couch....

Katie said...

Crazy how time flies. She is such a cutie Heather. Both your girls are though. How are things going for you guys? Haven't heard from you in forever.