Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm back

It's been so long since I've posted anything that I started to feel like the next thing I post should be spectacular. But I don't have anything spectacular to say, so then I got intimidated and have been putting if off. So I thought I'd just do it and put up a post. :)

We are here in Cincinnati now. Things are going well. We have most of the boxes unpacked and are just trying to get organized. It has been great having Pete home during this time of transition. The kids are doing well. Emily has made a couple of friends in the ward and is enjoying her new house. Abby is so cute and chubby. I just want to squeeze her!!! The move was crazy/stressful/icky, but things are looking better now as we start to get a little more settled. Moving and not knowing anyone, not knowing the city, missing family and friends, is always the worst. I've decided it takes a good year before you feel acclimated and make good friends. Some people in our ward have reached out already, though, which has been really great. I'm worried about Pete starting up work. Everyone keeps telling us to gear up because I'll never see him again (at least for a year or 2). It's making me nervous...

I have some pictures to post, but our computer blew up, so I can't get to them. Right now we are borrowing the computer of someone in our ward, which is very nice of them to loan it to us.

Emily and Abby are awake now, so I had better run. But I will do a better job of keeping things updated now that we're semi-settled. :)

6 comments:

thehaucks said...

I always feel so isolated each time I move. I completely agree about it taking a year until you feel "at home" completely in a new place. Good luck!

Elise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elise said...

Heather, yesterday I drove past the place I got our car inspected during our first few weeks in St. Louis. The flood of emotions overwhelmed me: panic mixed with an overall sense of disorientation and aloneness. I even said that I like washing pots and pans simply because it was something that reminded me of my former Provo self. It was an almost out of body experience at the time, I just wasn't prepared to have a strong wave of emotion six years post move. I'll keep you in my prayers! Hammonds and Pratts will be in Cinncy soon if they aren't there already. Try to meet some of the resident spouses; misery always loves company. :) Best of luck! You can do it.

Shannon said...

I need to squeeze that baby sometime soon. Hope you guys are doing OK.

Kelley Bridge said...

I miss your cute face! When are you coming to visit? I'll fly you here myself if I have to!

Scott said...

Hey Heather- Wendy is making your carmel popcorn today. You are the best with this stuff. Next time you come up we need to make some more.