Saturday, March 7, 2009

Going to make it...

Today was a pretty good day. I had one of those days where I felt like, "Hey, I can do this. I'm going to make it and everything will be okay." Having a baby is crazy, at least for me; probably for most people. The lack of sleep, hormones, frumpiness, trying to get the weight off, low energy, baby crying, trying to heal (my incision is taking forever to heal!), feeling like everyone else is normal but you, the misery of breast feeding, etc. But man I love this little baby! She is just such a part of our family now. I'm so glad we have her! So I think I'm going to make it. I am out of the "funk" for the most part and I think I can do this craziness called life/motherhood.

6 comments:

thehaucks said...

I'm glad that you are starting to feel like you're getting back to normal-- it always takes me a long time! Both of your girls are adorable.

Kev and Chels said...

Woohoo! The slow return to "human." Whatever that means anyway:) I once heard of the time after a baby was born as the "intense newborn love" stage. I think that's fitting. You're so exhausted and emotional, yet overjoyed you have your new heavenly package. It's just too much to describe and maybe that is why it's all so OVERWHELMING! There is obvious and visible evidence that you're doing a great job though so keep up it:)

Kelley Bridge said...

You would never give us any reason to doubt...

Becky said...

I'm impressed that you are feeling even remotely normal this soon after a c-section. I didn't go to church for 3 months. No lie. I just told everyone to leave me alone because, like you said, it is a lot to get used to. At least it is all worth it in the end. Don't stress it too much. It will only get better and better.

Jon and Nicole said...

Having a baby is such a huge thing. Everyone goes though finding what their new normal will be. The hardest for me was going from 1-2 kids. 2-3 was easier. Just keep looking at that darling baby of yours! She is so cute!!

Em&Em said...

The lack of sleep I thought was the kicker! I always found it hard to juggle everything after each baby. It is hard to get back to normal again. She is adorable!