Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cincy


This last weekend I took at trip up to Cincinnati to look for a house. I left the two girls home with Pete. He did a great job with them, which I knew he would. It's nice to know that I can turn things over to him and everything will be ok. My trip was pretty productive. We saw about 20 houses, 2 of them twice. It was a whirlwind trip and I am still exhausted from it. We have an offer pending on one of the houses, so we're just waiting to see what the seller has to say about some of the things we want fixed. What a pain. It seems like all of the houses in our price range are old and falling apart. ;/ I saw some real pieces of junk this weekend. One house smelled like smoke so bad I couldn't breath and had a huge bar just filled with liquor; another house was in such a scary neighborhood that once we got there, we didn't even go in. I told the realtor I wasn't sending my child to school in that neighborhood, so we turned around and left. Another house was super dark and scary and had the family room sliding glass door smashed out. The backyards of 3 different houses opened up to storage units, a mall, and a gravel parking lot. My favorite, though, is the house that claimed to have 1 and a half baths. Here is the picture of what they considered a half bath...

9 comments:

Jon and Nicole said...

Oh, geez! I will say that our first house was a major fixer-upper. But after a lot of work, we really made it our own. It was totally home. Good Luck! And it's funny what people will say to get you into the house!

With this bathroom, you could do a lot. Sheetrock it in, and add some cute, white bead board. Hey, you can be helping your kids in the bathroom, AND be starting a load of laundry! Total multi-tasking!

Wendy said...

I hope you get the house you want!

Becky said...

I hope you get your first choice. Fixer-uppers aren't all bad though. Just think of getting a brand new house that you get to choose all the colors and finishes. And that you get to the work yourself! You would be surprised all that you can yourself. Good luck and keep us posted!

Mandy said...

What a gorgeous half bath! Good luck, I hope you get the best one!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Yes I see, you can go to the bathroom in the toliet and then take a shower in the washing machine...was this their logic?

Katie said...

Well look at this way...It's great for multi-tasking. That's what motherhood is all about! Hahaha.

Shannon said...

I hope it goes through! LOL on the half bath

Kelley Bridge said...

LOVE IT! Think of it this way...when one of your kids has an "accident," it will seem like no big deal because, that's right, the washer is just an arms length away! You would think it would be fun to look for a house, but I think that's only if you own a small country or something. Ugghhh...is there hope out there for either of us?

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I'm so happy that you had a happy kid-break! I'm not to happy that you had ugly houses to look at! That half bath is priceless! Who wouldn't want one of those. I'm putting it on my wishlist right now!!! Nothing says comfort like cement! I can't wait to see the house you get! It will be amazing, especially if you have anything to do with it!!!